Please Review: The Heart of Spritely (HoS)

I know that this is a little late, but having just read this document, I have a few additional comments:

I’m curious if there is a Guile Scheme version available? Not to disparage indentation reliant languages (I worked as a Python developer for many years), but I find them difficult to parse reliably, and would actually prefer S-expressions. I had the hardest time copying the code correctly to my guile terminal. For example, my mind kept missing the $ symbol as a relevant piece of code, assuming it was the command prompt! Anyways, just a suggestion.

Secondly, I was wondering throughout when there would be a proof of how Object Capabilities actually achieves it’s claims. An addendum on how this is achieved would be appreciated!

1 Like

Does this link help?

https://spritely.institute/static/papers/test-taste-of-goblins.scm

We actually test compile all the code in the document every build, which includes the
wisp → scheme translation step…

I’ll double check to see if that link is featured in the paper.

Whoops, I thought I had responded to this already!

Thanks @frandallfarmer, I was able to get through the paper using wisp alone, it was just a suggestion that scheme might be more pleasant for some, so the option to view the document with either language might be of some use (say a toggle on the source field). In the least, a link to that translation procedure would be helpful.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Sorry, not sure if I am posting in the right place. I was reading about HOS, Pola, Goblins and such … :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Complexity is not anybodies friend. I can just about comprehend what you are doing. Using/learning yet another language, editing procedure etc. Too hard and time-consuming for me. [shrug]
Some years ago (see link) I created a template for different levels of interaction. It may be relevant. As may other similar projects/ideas that were never implemented.

A project that comes to mind is veilid.com (I probably mentioned that already). I find it interesting that you ask to NOT reveal details of the project. [shrug] It seems a perfect but never to be implemented back burner project is occurring? I hope I am wrong! :sunglasses: