My personal transition announcement

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

Today I’m announcing that I’ll be transitioning out of my role as Executive Director of the Spritely Networked Communities Institute. It’s been a great experience leading this organization for the past 2+ years. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to have worked alongside such a dedicated board, staff, and the many open source contributors.

I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished together, including raising more than $3m to fund the creation of Goblins: a capability-secure decentralized programming framework, Hoot: Browser WebAssembly tool chain, and to support the nurturing of the OCapN protocol: Adding capability security as “built-in” at the network layer. The Spritely Institute remains an organization I deeply believe in, and I have no doubt it will continue to make a significant impact on the future of the Internet.

I’m committed to ensuring a smooth handover and am happy to assist in any way. In the meantime, please join me in supporting the next chapter for the Spritely Institute. My cofounder Christine Lemmer-Webber will be the primary point of contact, and you can reach her at christine@spritely.institute.

Going forward, I will remain steadfastly dedicated to the mission of enabling free and open decentralized communities (social computing) for everyone and the development of the secure object-capability infrastructure (protocols and frameworks) that fulfilling these goals requires. In furtherance of these goals, I’ll be working in a special projects consulting role with the Institute and hope to work on many projects out there to put community on the Internet back into the hands of the people.

I am a social design catalyst and am looking forward to applying my best skills to the tasks ahead.

Randy Farmer
randy.farmer@pobox.com

7 Likes